Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Feria del Libros (Book Fair)


Here are some pictures from a trip to the Capital that I was able to take the 6-8th grade class. The "international book fair" lasts about 2 weeks and is PACKED with students and kids. It is essentially a cultural park, multiple museums, and tons of books to read and buy all wrapped into one. The big natural history museum was probably my favorite part. 
The kids don't get to leave Constanza very often, let alone go to the Capital, so I was so happy to be able to help make this happen. Today I have also been printing off photos to give to the kids to help them remember the fun day! 


This class is interesting to me because they are extremely close. They really enjoy being together and it is fun to see, and it was fun to spend the whole day with them. 


One thing I have loved during my time here is driving kids around/to their house. I do it way more often when I am in Jarabacoa but it is so fun for me to help out that way, especially when the alternative is a kid walking 5 miles home. One of my favorite things is when every single kid is belting out the same song at the top of their lungs! I thought I had a good video of it from this trip but it didn't work.


 On the way home, we had some extra "treat fund" money and we were able to have a nice Pica Pollo lunch, which was definitely a treat for them. In the capital there is a huge mall type place with great food places and a huge grocery store...I wish it was in Constanza!

No comments:

Post a Comment