Monday, May 23, 2011

Bahia de las Aguilas

One of the cool things about my job/role here in the DR is the ability to get up and travel without being stuck in one place all the time. I love living in Constanza, but for some reason after the Rowley's left in November I have been on the move a lot. Sometimes it is to help host teams in other cities, and sometimes I just need to get up and go!


 This was a last minute opportunity where Chucho (Gym teacher/sports guy in Jarabacoa) and his wife Alida asked me if I would want to help (drive) the College group for Kids Alive. I didn't really know what I was getting into, I thought it was a 4-5 hour drive but it ended up being more like 8-9! It has been great to get to know Chucho, Alida and their daughter Ali, I always spend a ton of time with them when I am in Jarabacoa and their daughter is like my little dominican niece! It was a beautiful trip.


Me and Ali (she was learning to swim!)


 Me, Chucho, Alida and Ali on the beach


 The nights were filled with lots of worship and hanging out. They turned the lights out on us so we moved to the only light at the campsite!



Ali sat up front with me and "helped me drive," she especially loved changing gears.

No comments:

Post a Comment