Tuesday, August 14, 2012

GO Site - Hato del Yaque

Hato del Yaque is about 30 minutes away from Hoya del Caimito (which is where I live and our ministry is "centered"). I fell in love with this town the second I got there. I think it is because in many ways it reminds me of Constanza, it is way more laid back and slower paced than in Santiago and there is a ton of poverty. The church there has gone through its ups and downs over the past few years, but Pastor Elido is a great Godly man and I am excited for where the church is going. Hato del Yaque is a dark place, and seems like a really tough place for kids to grow up in - but the Church has a ton of outreaches to the youth through Music, sports, and events.





 These pictures are taken on a field that GO Ministries purchased and we are in the process of turning it into a baseball field! I love it. Its got a long ways to go and is by no means a perfect piece of land for a field, but what a great way to reach the kids through something they love. It is also great because it gives us a nice field to do events of just play with the kids when we have groups out there.


Love these kids! Waiting patiently for a mini VBS presentation from the group.


One of my first friends at Hato del Yaque, she definitely keeps things interesting whenever she's around!


Dorothy Sayer's group worshiping outside in the streets outside of the Montan family's house. This family is largely responsible for keeping the church alive through some tough times! A great example of a faithful family.

This is the daughter of one of the nutrition center's cooks. We have a love/hate relationship .. I love her and she runs away from me! But in the end of the day she's my little buddy.




Here are a few pictures of the littlest kids in their sunday school class. It was great to be in Hato del Yaque for a Sunday to see all the different age groups break up into their individual Sunday School classes.




A few of my favorite kids at the nutrition center. I have really gotten to know a ton of the kids at this site and look for any opportunity to pop over and visit if I have some free time. I know that God is doing awesome things through Pastor Elido and all of the leadership in the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment