Friday, September 25, 2009

Week 1 random pictures

I successfully finished week 1 of language training at CSA! It was draining but I definitely saw improvement every day and actually enjoyed class so I am looking forward to the next few weeks. Life is much more disciplined for me than back home, I am finally used to early mornings and early nights. Here are a few pictures from the week. It has literally rained every afternoon this week so the rain gear was definitely necessary.

I would also like to send a shout-out to faithful reader, commenter, and world-champion chess master Jeremy Schletz.



This is a "tuk tuk" which is essentially a taxi in
Antigua. I can't help but feeling that Kirk lived
in Antigua and drove these for a living in a past
life, it is just too perfect of a situation for him.


This is the huge mountain I see every day walking
to class.


Very fitting that I came across these hot kicks
while exploring the HUGE mercado on
Jeremy's birthday. If they weren't a size 6
you better believe I would have bought them.


Our definition of "rain gear" is very different. This is Paolla
(Elsa's grand-daughter) and her mom. As you can see I am a
large Guatemalan.



Last, but definitely not least, this is mi
"madre de Antigua" Elsa. She loves feeding
me and I love being fed so it is a great relationship.
She is great and I have loved getting to know
her and her family this week.



2 comments:

  1. you are a big guatemalan! love the pictures and getting a glimpse into your life. glad that you have found another "mother" to keep you fed!

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy "The People's Champ" SchletzSeptember 27, 2009 at 11:00 PM

    Yo tan soy honorado para ser mencionado. Yo lo adoro. TambiƩn, Elsa es bonita.

    I also love the Chess Champion shout-out, and will continue writing it on every job application.

    ReplyDelete