Friday, April 5, 2013

Valor Christian HS Baseball

In February, I had the privilege of welcoming my first team! Now I've worked with lots of teams since joining GO last May, but this was the first team where I "recruited" and helped set up. It was very clear since my first meeting with Keith Wahl that God wanted this trip to happen and He had his hand on it the whole way!

I was absolutely blown away by the maturity the players showed throughout the week whether we were building walls, moving sand, throwing kids around or playing baseball. These kids worked hard and loved hard throughout the whole week! In total we had 29 players from Freshman-Senior and 3 coaches as well. We had a blast playing against 2 top local academies and they practiced one afternoon with our older group and really showed them how to practice at an elite level and how to give 100% effort in a practice. It was a huge blessing and I have already seen first hand how it has CHANGED the way we do things as an academy here!

We also were able to spend quality time in Hato del Yaque, which you can see by my previous blog posts is a place near to my heart. The kids still ask about the guys whenever I'm out there! We also got to experience and participate in a fundraising concert at the Hato del Yaque church put on by Cristo Urbano!

Here are some pics from the week. THANK YOU VALOR BASEBALL!















No comments:

Post a Comment