Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back in the DR

Sorry it has been so long between blog entries. I didn't really see much of a point to update while I was home, but hopefully I can do a better job now that I am back in the DR! Here is a copy of my email update from today.


Hey everyone,

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years! I am back in the DR, currently in Jarabacoa for a few days before I return up the mountain to Constanza on Sunday night. It feels great to be back, spending time with friends here and the kids in the DR has been great. I am anxious and excited to return to continue all the relationships in Constanza that I started to develop before Christmas.

My 3 and a half weeks back home were great, it was incredible to see family and friends. I enjoyed everything except the cold weather and snow! My time back was busy, filled with meals with friends, 4 family parties, trip to Kansas City to see family and watch my friend play for the Chiefs, mini-road trip to St. Louis for a concert, Bulls game, and countless hours spent hanging out with family and friends. Although my time back was amazing, towards the end I was definitely feeling ready to get back to the kids and the work in the DR, something I didn't think I would be saying when I first got home!

After my "trial" run of the first couple months in the DR now the main event begins. I will be serving in the DR for a much larger chunk of time without returning home and will be much busier with increased responsibilities with groups from churches coming throughout the spring and summer. This is a challenge that I have been looking forward to and the interactions with these teams should be encouraging and fulfilling. Now that I am gone for a bit longer feel free to send me letters/packages! It is really encouraging to get mail here and I would love to hear from my friends and family in the states.

Please keep me in your prayers and I continue to adjust to the culture and language and that God would give me great opportunities to be a Godly example to the kids and people here. Also, please keep my housing situation in your prayers as well as there is still a bit of uncertainty surrounding it and I am hoping to figure it all out these next few weeks. If you have any questions or are looking for ways to support me or the ministry here please send me an email I would love to talk to you. Thank you so much for your continued support through this stage in my life.

In Christ,

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment