Wednesday, August 19, 2009

September 20th!

It is finally official, I will be leaving on September 2oth to start the journey down to the DR. I will fly down to Antigua, Guatemala for 5 weeks and spend 5 hours a day learning spanish. It will be a great experience, I will be living with a Guatemalan family who hosts language students and be fully immersed in the culture there. After I finish in Guatemala I will then fly to the DR on October 24th and start with my Kids Alive responsibilities. I couldn't be more excited to go and I am so thankful to have raised enough support to be able to book the plane ticket.

I received a great update from the Kids Alive missionaries already in Constanza a few days ago and I am very excited about some opportunities that may be available there when I arrive. One thing they are hoping to do is to start a more organized basketball league which is something I would love to get involved with and I was praying that there would be some sort of opportunity like this in the town I will live in. I also had a great dinner with Lee and Nancy Lewis who served for several years in Constanza through Kids Alive and now live less than 3 blocks from my house in Wheaton! It was great to hear more specifics and details as to what I should expect when I get there.

Please keep praying for me as I finalize departure preparations and say goodbye to everyone in Wheaton. Also, send me an email at kyle.bradley@my.wheaton.edu if you would like to be added to my email list that I will start up when I get to Guatemala.

4 comments:

  1. Praise God! You will be there soon. We look forward to following you and hearing how God works. God bless you Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on a page about Constanza, but I don't know if you'll go there too much. I just wanted to say we are really excited to have you join our Kids Alive family here in Constanza! I know you learned about healthy goodbyes at MTI and may this time be spent well doing that with your loved ones. Your time in Guatemala will be amazing, too, I'm sure. I look forward to reading more updates!

    ReplyDelete